Wednesday, February 06, 2008

More Six Month Milestones...

I've now retired my "bath bear". Instead of laying down in the bathtub, I'm sitting up in my big boy tub. We were giving baths every night but the doctor said to cut back to 2-3 a week due to his eczema.
Eating solids. I started sitting up around Christmas time as well as starting solids. So far I've had rice cereal, oatmeal, applesauce, pears, prunes, peaches, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, peas and carrots. I love everything except bananas and peas. I also love my "Baby Mum Mum" crackers!
Yummy carrots!
Just kicking back and enjoying my afternoon bottle. Mom lets me hold it at the very end. I guess she still wants to cuddle with me for most of my bottle. I suppose I'll indulge her for now. (I'm still nursing morning and evening and he's getting formula for two of his bottles.) It's working out well and I'm enjoying the freedom at work!
Angel boy!

Some other 6 month milestones:

Colton is sleeping throught the night most nights! He goes down around 7 and makes it until about 6-7 the next morning!!!! Woohoo! I never thought I'd see this day....

At his last check-up, Colton weighed 17 lbs (40%) and was 28 inches long (90%-95%). Unfortunately, the doctor recommended a helmet to correct his plagiopcephaly (flat head shape). We are sad that he'll have to wear a helmet for a few months, but very thankful that he is such a healthy little boy. It's probably coming at just the right time. He's getting very close to crawling and now his little head will be protected from all the upcoming bumps and bruises! He'll be receiving his helmet on February 20th and will need to wear it 23 hours a day. Please say a prayer that this treatment will correct his head quickly and that he will not be bothered by wearing it.

No comments: