

Watching the balloons launch with Papaw.Colton has always liked apples. Usually I cut them up and peel them, but one day while the refrigerator door was open, he reached into the fruit drawer and pulled out an apple. He then proceeded to eat the entire thing, peel and all. Since then he has had about 3 full apples. He can eat on them for hours :) Healthy boy!
I'm loving being home on Fridays again with my little man. Sometimes, Mom needs to spice up the routine so this Friday we had a picnic on the kitchen floor. Notice he had another apple with his meal.
Here are Madden and Colton together.
Here are a few things to remember about 15 months:
- Saying "Amen!" with the song, "If you're happy and you know it" or after bedtime prayers. He says it in the sweetest way (Mamen).
- Saying "hi" whenever he sees me and smiling.
- Pretending to talk on the phone and saying "hello". The other day he picked up a domino and used it as a phone.
- Started waving like a big boy.
- Completely off the bottle. That was harder on Mommy I think. That was my only cudddle time with Colton. He has done great and doesn't complain as long as we keep the bottles out of sight. And he does let me hold him while he has his night sippy cup.
- Waking up at 4 or 5 am most mornings recently.... WHAT IS THIS ABOUT??? Yikes! Sometimes he will go back to sleep until 6 but then he is ready to start the day. He used to sleep til 7 or 7:30. This going to one nap has been such a weird transition. I read today that we need to put him to bed extra early until the transition time is over. He usually is asleep by 7:30 but tonight we put him down at 6:45. We'll see how the moring goes.
- Started "ROARING" when he sees a lion, tiger or polar bear.
- "Whoo, whoooing" when he sees his owl book.
- Still loves birds, outside, airplanes, cars, balls, climbing, Sonic ice, music, Praise Baby and dogs.
- Can point to the moon.
- Says "hot" a lot! When I'm cooking, I hear this constant little voice saying "hot, hot, hot, hot..." and then when he eats... too funny.
- The pacifier is supposed to go next...that may take a while. He loves it so.
We got our 4th haircut Tuesday. I thought I would save some money so I took him to a "regular" haircut place. I don't know a thing about boy's haircuts so when she said she would use the clippers on a 6, I didn't think a thing about it... then she started the cut and his hair was just gone! It's soooooooo short! Lesson learned. I don't have a picture yet, but here's a video of him looking in the mirror and saying Hi.
3 comments:
really sweet! I like his hair like that. Is that pre or post haircut? Kelly
We had to put JR down at 6:30 for a long time!!! It was terrible on the social life, but at least we had a happy boy! :)
we cut the tips of of lincoln's pacifiers to get him to stop asking for them. it made him MAD. that, plus telling him that we gave all the passies to baby sadie worked well. he was 2 1/2 when he finally got off the bedtime passy.
Post a Comment