Thursday, January 26, 2012

More words to remember...

When Daddy gets Caden dressed in the morning, he will run into my room and tell me, "I'm all closed up, Mommy!" (clothes-ed)

Colton has become a master staller at bedtime. Tonight he rushed into the kitchen and offered this random observation:
Colton: Mom, I just need to tell you something. There is a secret light in the playroom that doesn't do anything.
Jack & I: Ok, what do you mean, buddy?
Colton:  Here, let me show you. (He takes us into the playroom and points out the light switch behind the armoire). 
Why he remembered this while trying to fall asleep is beyond me. I love the way his little mind works!

Same night, stall technique #3:

Colton: Mom, I just need something.
Me: Ok, what do you need? You already have a snack.
Colton: Yes, but having my snack reminded me that I'm thirsty and need something to drink. Hey, that reminds me of the story, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. We should write a story about me...
Now this little conversation made my teacher heart very happy. I sat in on a ton of workshops about making text to self connections and building schema when I was a reading specialist. My boy may not know all of his letters yet but he can make a mean literature connection :)

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: