Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Anniversaries, Pergolas and HOA's...


My sweet husband planned a very special getaway for our first anniversary. We traveled to Fredricksburg, Texas and stayed in an authentic log cabin built circa 1882. It's called Allen's Log Cabin. He also surprised me with a laptop for our anniversary gift. I am very thankful for such a thoughtful husband. I know I'm loved, because smack dab in the middle of the NBA playoffs, my DH (dear husband) found the time to plan such a great surprise!

And now with my new laptop, I am able to stay connected with my friends through blogging. I have been hesitant to post because I didn't think I had much to contribute...But tonight the blogging bug hit me and I decided to try it.

In other breaking news, we are attempting our first ever home improvement project. We are erecting a cedar pergola
(noun - An arbor or a passageway of columns supporting a roof of trelliswork on which climbing plants are trained to grow.) [Italian, from Latin pergula.]
I know you were dying to know the definition and origin. I could have included the pronunciation, but I stopped myself.

Currently, we're trying to expedite the HOA's appoval so we can really complete the project this weekend. It's a little frustrating that we have to pay an annual fee to have someone tell us what we can or cannot build in our backyard.

*Well, I had pictures uploaded, but blogger ate them??

1 comment:

Jenni said...

That is so exciting! I can't wait to see the completed project!!