Wednesday, July 09, 2008

11 Months Old!

Here's our big boy at 11 months.... (I'm a little late as always with these block pics seeing as his 1 year birthday is this Saturday...) We are so excited about this stage. Colton continues to make us laugh and bring joy to our hearts! We love you little man!


Climbing the stairs. Thankfully, he's learned to back down objects (couch, coffee table, stairs) somewhat safely. Climbing is one of his favorite pastimes!



Here are the things I want to remember about Colton at 11 months:

  • Went from saying Mama and Dad-DE! to "Quack-quack" and "Clap, Clap". I'm hoping Mama and Dad-DE will return but his new words are pretty cute. I'm trying to get it on video but wouldn't you know he only wants to say them off camera!
  • He loves his music. We have several "Toddler Tunes" CDs and we usually have them on all over the house. I think he learned "Quack, quack" from the "Six Little Ducks" song. He will say "quack quack" right before the song does. Too cute.
  • Loves ducks! You might notice the 2 ducks in his block pics.
  • He loves to play Pat-a-Cake.
  • He brings us all sorts of objects. He's starting to hesitate a little before putting things in his mouth and its like he's asking if its ok.
  • When we ask him how big he is and say soooo big, he will raise his hands in the air.
  • Started jumping in his crib when he's ready for us to come and get him.
  • Loves his books. He's helping turn the pages so well now and we'll often "spy" on him on the video monitor and he will "read" a little before falling asleep or after he wakes up.
  • Loves ice! Trouble posting video, but will soon. I'm also a big fan of Sonic ice and am soooooo happy they brough back "Happy Hour".
  • WALKING, STANDING, CLIMBING = BUSY!!!
  • Wants to hold 2 toys in one hand and will work very hard to keep them in his hand.
  • Loves peas, diced pears, yogurt, cheese, snacks (especially the Gerber Lil' Crunchies).
  • Gives the sweetest smiles. He crinkles up his nose and squints his eyes.

Thank you God for this sweet boy! Please give us wisdom as we raise him up in you.

**** Coming soon - Colton's First Fourth of July, Trip to Abilene and First Jet-Ski ride!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miss G said...

Jenny! I can't believe how big he is! I love how you write all of the things you want to remember! Soo looking forward to hanging out! Kelly