Wednesday, January 07, 2009

17 Months and Holding...

Colton is a week away from being 18 months so I thought I better write a few memories from his 17th month before it gets away from me! Colton continues to bring us SO much joy and is a flurry of activity from morning til night. Here he is standing in his new playroom! Papaw helped us build these nifty shelves from IKEA last week! Thanks, Papaw! Mommy likes it because everything finally has a place! We'll see how long it stays organized, but so far so good!
"Cooking with Colton" - While I was on the phone with Jack one evening, Colton grabbed his dinner plate (he was all done, thankfully) and a few items out of the tupperware cabinet and begin mixing up his own concoction! He loves to help cook!
Reading in his new Elmo chair from Bunny. Yes he does sit every once in a while.
Posted by PicasaAnd I haven't forgotten about Christmas. Here's a little taste of what's to come!
Things I want to remember about this sweet age:
  • Vocabulary is growing daily. He is beginning to repeat/mimic whatever we say. New words include: play, read, books, outSIDE!!!, no-no (usually pointing at an outlet or something else off-limits), Na, na, na (his idea of singing), wa-wa, Lovey, cook, eat, milk, MINE (thanks to Cousin Wilkin), hot, Elmo, car, truck, boo, bird, dog, cat, slide, ready....
  • Wants any adults in the room to NOT sit on the couch. He will come pull on our pants legs and give us a little nudge until we get on the floor with him.
  • LOVES his Daddy! Any sound that sounds remotely similar to the garage door will warrant a flurry of Daddy, Daddy, Daddy... All through the day, he asks about Daddy and has just now began saying "Wok" (work) because I have to keep telling him that's where daddy is and he will be home soon! It's so fun to watch his whole body smile when his daddy comes home!
  • Continues to love playing with his toys. He really can play for quite a while independently and loves putting his little people/animals in and out of the school bus, airplane or Ark.
  • Likes to lick the bubble wand instead of blow and wants to do it all by himself!
  • Loves to brush his teeth. (His version is actually sucking all the toothpaste off the brush and then throwing it down on the ground, but I figure it's better than nothing!)
  • Says "Baby" when he wants to watch Praise Baby - He still loves those videos! Only thing besides books and eating he will sit still for.
  • Loves to throw everything! We're working on only throwing balls after mom got a busted lip from a close encounter with a block!
  • Loves to be outside!
  • Knows when his books are upside down.
  • Loves wrestling with Daddy!

We love you little man! You are our sunshine!

This is Colton not 5 minutes after I took his temperature and it read 102.6!!! He has been sick with Strep since Monday but you wouldn't know it! He's the happiest sick kiddo I've ever seen. We like to call this the "Crazy Dance" in our house :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amy L said...

I love how he has to have his music before he dances - so funny!

Miss G said...

really, really cute! Yea for your birthday present!!! Kelly