1) We are officially moving this coming weekend. Have not found a house, but are thankful our house sold in this market. Will be moving in with my gracious mom until we find a permanent abode.
2) Have looked at over 55 houses - finally found the "one" and someone put an offer in just as we were looking at it. It had only been on the market 4 days.
3) My mom found the exact same wonderful layout in the same neighborhood in another house which we looked at today and believe it or not someone made an offer and the deal closed unbeknowst to us as we were looking at the house. Crazy!
4) I'm sure there is a reason that we have lost 2 houses right in a row after looking at so many...so I will try to turn all this over to God. He certainly can see the big picture and I cannot. I am blessed even to have this problem...when so many are struggling with health issues, job issues and foreclosure.
5) We are up to our ears in boxes. Colton thinks it's great fun! Packing has not really been too bad, but I am ready for it to be done!
6) I really will miss this house. It's where our family began so I'm a little sad to be leaving it for the great unknown...
That's enough about our moving trevails... On a brighter note, Colton is just about out of his 21st month and I wanted to take a moment to remember this sweet stage! He keeps us very entertained! Also, I haven't blogged much about baby brother so I will try to dedicate a post very soon just to him! He is doing great and all dr's appts have shown him to be right on track as far as heartbeat and size. According to the books, he's about a pineapple size and weighs nearly 4 lbs.
Here are a few things I want to remember about Colton at this age:
Loves the lawnmower... His supersonic ears can hear a mower from 5 streets over and I constantly hear this little voice saying "Mowing, Mowing (sounds like morning), see, see"
Here he is checking out the mower with Daddy.
Really enjoys his ride on toys and thinks its funny to crash them into anything and everything. He also likes wearing his glasses.
I know - he still has a paci... We are going to try and go paci free by age 2...
Loves wrestling with Daddy every night!
Loves getting ALL of Daddy's socks out of the drawer (which he can open by himself) and taking all of them into the living room. He then proceeds to throw them at us or jump into them and bury himself under them. Really, who needs toys?

Boxes have been pretty fun. They are his house and slide and he has not figured out that when they are empty you cannot just jump on top of one.
A few more things to remember:
- Has mastered the "bridge" at the park. This consists of black steps going across a balance beam. He can now hold on to the bar and make his way across all by himself.
- Loves to say I did it, I fix it, I like it...
- Loves waffles. We have them for breakfast almost every morning with an egg or banana. They are the Eggo Whole Wheat, so I feel like they are somewhat healthy. When I go get him in the morning its usually the first thing out of his mouth, "Waffles?"
- Very interested in baby brother in mommy's tummy and has been very sweet. Likes to pat and kiss my tummy as well as share his toys.
- Loves to be in the car and point out the things we pass.
- Loves watching the trash truck on Thursday mornings.
- Can say all of his grandparents' names and talks about them very often!
- Loves to read his books and look at pictures of his family.
- Counting... usually 2...1...3 but after 4 almost always gets 5, 6, 7, 8 in the right order. He's beginning to try and show us that he will be 2 but has trouble getting his fingers in the right position.
- New words... "love you, thank you, monster, siren, mowing, horsey, shhh...baby sleeping, butterfly, oh shoot (we've got to work on that one), clothes on, shoes on, move!, watch, breakfast, fire truck, daddy's shoes, mommy's shoes, necklace, kitty cat's house..."
- Got a new pair of crocs and loves wearing them. He can put them on by himself, too.
- Thinks its great fun to run away from us as we change his clothes, diaper, pjs... This game is getting very difficult for his 8 months prego mommy!
- Loves to play "boo" with daddy. This consists of running around the house and jumping out of doorways and scaring each other.
- Loves to run with daddy. They race from one door to the other. Colton likes to stay in the "set" position and has to be reminded to get up and go.
- Loves his water table and bath time!
6 comments:
I am so aorry about your houses, but you are right - God has a plan and it will be ok. What a sweet boy Colton is. It is so fun to read how similar he was to Layton at the same age. We have lots of crashing in our house too.
Jenny, it is so good to hear how you're doing. I'm sorry about the houses. I read this this morning on Lysa Terkeurst's blog: "But don't go into this adventure [of saying yes to God] having a preconceived notion of how you want God to bless your obedience. The blessings will come- but they will be in completely surprising ways. God ways." So humbling and yet so true. God has a plan for your wonderful, sweet family and I look forward to seeing with you what it is! Kelly
Colton is getting so big!! Love all the stories and pictures.
I'm sure you've thought about it, but does Colton have a play lawn mower? Eli got one about that age and L-O-V-E-D it! We still have it. If you haven't gotten one yet, don't get the one that blows bubbles. That's the one we had at first and it never blew the bubbles correctly and was always having "issues". Not the least of which was going through lots and lots of bubble solution! We bought him another one that had a motor noise and liked it alot better. We have so many pictures of Eli pushing his mower right alongside his daddy! It was nice two-hour break for mommy, too.
Miss you girl! I have a great house here in Amarillo you could buy. :)
make sure when he's old enough that you tell him how his cousin scott lost the tip of his finger under a lawnmower!
he is too cute- can't believe he'll be 2 soon!
and, forgot to say, we have been looking for houses for a year. finally found one we really wanted and it went before we got a chance to make an offer.
hopefully we'll both have luck in that department soon!
Post a Comment