I've just been working on a post for Weeks 3 and 4 but since sweet Caden is actually 12 weeks old this week; I thought you might want to see what he really looks like :) He is the best baby! I feel so blessed to be his mommy. He brings us such joy and I'm so thankful God added him to our family! His last check up was at 2 months (about 5 weeks ago) and he had some pretty impressive stats: Weight = 13.8 lbs (90%); Height = 24.8 inches (97%); Head = 15.8 (70%)... I have to assume he's close to 15 pounds now. We love every ounce of our roly poly little boy!
What we've been up to: I started back to work full-time last week... It's been a roller coaster of emotions. It's getting somewhat easier and we're starting to get into a routine...but I cannot wait to see my boys after work each day! Caden started sleeping through the night around 8-9 weeks. He goes to bed around 7:30-8 and usally makes it until 5 am. One night he slept 7:30 pm -6:30 am straight! It's amazing what a full uninterrupted night's sleep will do for a mommy! The boys are doing good in day care. Naps are not what I'd like them to be, but hopefully they will get better. Colton moved up to the 2's class so I think that's been an adjustment, too.
This picture captures Caden's personality so well! He is so laid back and easygoing! He loves to smile and giggle. He loves looking at his hands and has started grabbing and holding his toys. He kicks and wiggles when he is excited. And his sweet little voice. He likes to coo and squeal - It's so precious!What we've been up to: I started back to work full-time last week... It's been a roller coaster of emotions. It's getting somewhat easier and we're starting to get into a routine...but I cannot wait to see my boys after work each day! Caden started sleeping through the night around 8-9 weeks. He goes to bed around 7:30-8 and usally makes it until 5 am. One night he slept 7:30 pm -6:30 am straight! It's amazing what a full uninterrupted night's sleep will do for a mommy! The boys are doing good in day care. Naps are not what I'd like them to be, but hopefully they will get better. Colton moved up to the 2's class so I think that's been an adjustment, too.
More of our handsome boy at 12 weeks!
Colton is 26 months old. He seems to be going through a little "conflicted" stage lately. He will tell me, "I don't want my shoes on, Mommy.." and then a few seconds later, "I DO want my shoes on, Mommy." Or, I don't want a cookie followed quickly by a frantic I do want a cookie... It's very confusing. Today we solved on of the dilemmas by having one shoe on and one shoe off. Could this be the beginning of the terriffic twos???? :) Colton still sleeps well at night, but he has started protesting and stalling more and more before bed. This picture is him riding Mommy's back on his way to bed. Usually, Daddy gets the honors but he was out of town. After a quick piggyback "run" through the house, he then requests a drink of water, his medicine, a vitamin, "Mommy sing" followed by a "I don't like THAT song, Mommy!" Finally we pray, turn out the lights and leave the room. Then Colton takes about 30 minutes to fall asleep. He doesn't fuss but he talks to himself and seems to process his day. Lovey is a very good listener. Last night we heard him tell Lovey to clean up and tell his blanket not to bother him :) Fun times in Colton land!
That's all for now... My 5 0'clock wake up call comes early...but he's oh so cute and cuddly! I love this age!




2 comments:
They are both SO cute! Brooke is also having a "conflcting" stage. Ha! Glad to hear she's not the only one :)
I can't get over how precious they are! I love every minute being with them. You are a terrific mommy! Love ya'll.
Post a Comment