Monday, April 07, 2008

How does that garden grow?

This past Spring Break was my first "Spring Break" with a kiddo... I loved being home with my little man but it definitely made me redefine the term "break". Colton woke up around 5:30-6 a.m. every morning ready to play that week! Thankfully, he has now gone back to his "normal" 7 am wake-up call...woo-hoo! We had a fun, low-key week. The highlights were a visit from my sister-in-law, Paige, and her precious little boys (I'm going to do a cousins post very soon!), a birthday lunch for Javi and Jenilee at Chucky Cheese (I have pics for that, too) and a trip to the arboretum (pictured below). We went on Good Friday with everyone else in Dallas, but the crowds weren't too, too bad and the weather was perfect! Colton and I met up with my dear college friends, Jordan and Stephanie, their sweet kiddos plus Jordan's mom and sister, Carrie.


Colton on the lush, beautiful grass! At one point, he looked up at me with huge eyes as if to say, "Mom is this for real?" He love, love, loved crawling on the grass! It really was wondrous grass... We've talked about it every day since...
I am this big!
Mommy and Colton amongst the tulips!
From left: Lincoln, Stephanie, Eli, me, Colton, Pheobe and Jordan... It was so fun to spend time with these friends and their little ones! We had a fun picnic (that Pheobe can eat!) and enjoyed lots and lots of attempts at Easter pictures - much easier said than done!
My favorite photo of the day!

This is a random tangent... but since our visit to the Arboretum I have been obsessed with grass. I guess seeing it through Colton's eyes made me appreciate the wonder of it a little more. So now as I'm driving to and from work or walking around the neighborhood - I keep noticing the green and not so green lawns...and am having serious grass-envy. I would love to have lush green grass like the Arboretum, but I don't think I have the green thumb nor patience for it... Oh well, I can appreciate it from a distance. It also makes me marvel God's amazing creation - only He could have made something so simple, yet so beautiful and inspiring. This experience even stirred me to look up a few quotes celebrating the green stuff....

The moment one gives close attention to anything,even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome,indescribably magnificent world in itself.- Henry Miller

The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but you still have to mow it.- Anonymous


Ahh - there's the rub and the dose of reality I need to snap out of my nature-induced stupor... I'll cut the ad lib and just post pictures next time... Happy Spring everyone!

2 comments:

Miss G said...

This is a great post, Jenny! Kelly

April said...

Love the first pic! Too cute! - April