Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Caden 15 months


Caden is 15 months and 2 weeks... It's hard for me to type that out because he's my baby. Maybe that's  why I've been such a bad blogger (unconsciously). Writing down all these memories, while fun, are bittersweet because I know we're moving out of the baby stage :(

Ok, enough boo-hooing. On to my sweet, sweet boy! He has really changed so much since he turned one. He started walking at 14 months and was running within 2 weeks. He really never wobbled too much - just took off! He still loves balls! When I go in to get him in the morning, he is usually asking for a ball and making a throwing motion. He also goes through the list of his family as we change our diaper and get ready for the day... Mama, Col-Col, Dada.

He loves his Colton! He really is enamored with him and seems kind of out of sorts when he is not around. Caden has started pulling Colton's hair HARD. Then he alternates that with a pat-pat and a kiss. I feel really bad for Colton but then I remember all the times Caden has been steam-rolled, hugged really tight or just mis-treated by his big brother and think that maybe payback is coming!

Caden is a great napper! We just read a few books, play his lullaby CD and he is down for 2-3 hours! At night he's sleeping from about 7:30-7:30. One night he actually led his Daddy to his room and stood by the rocking chair saying "nigh-nigh". It was only 7:00 pm, but he was ready for bed.

He's still a great eater and will eat most anything, but I do notice him getting more and more distracted. He will squirm and say all done when he's ready to get down. He can sign please and more. He really gets passionate about fruit so it is funny to look over and see him signing more over and over when he runs out.
The only thing I think he dislikes is cake.

He is talking a ton. Here are a few of the words we hear daily: BALL, apple, outside, all done, mama, dada, Col-Col, baby, bottle, milk, nak (snack), cracker, cookie, thank-you, grandma, grandad, (We're working on the other grandparent names, I promise!), ouch, pat-pat, Bible, book, nana (banana), juice, wa-wa, nigh-nigh, hello, bye-bye, ready-set-go, slide, open, on, off, hot, cold, choo-choo, puppy, ice (Sonic, of course)...

Caden loves to be outside, so please do not say that word if it is not time to go right then. We have pretty much had home-made popsicles daily since mid-July. I make them with Crystal Light or apple juice so they're not too bad and they really have been a lifesaver around 3 or 4 in the afternoon :) It's funny because I never would have given Colton a popsicle at 15 months, but since Caden sees and wants to do everything big brother does, he gets one as well. He LOVES it! Now, when we are about to go outside, he will go straight to the freezer and start jabbering about a popsicle!

Caden is just a fun boy to be around. He likes to high-five you over and over. He loves to sing, play catch and go for walks. He runs wherever he goes and is just adorable to watch when he's flying down the hall or in the backyard. His hair gets lighter by the day. He loves to give kisses. There's just something so joyful and independent about his little spirit. He wants you to be with him in the room and he'll come over for a hug, pat or kiss, but for the most part, he just loves to explore and play. I could go on and on because that's what mommies do, but I'll stop here for now! We love you, sweet Caden. You are a delight to our family and we are so very thankful for your life! I pray that God will bless your little steps as you grow into a boy and that He will give your mommy and daddy wisdom, grace and love as we try to point you to Jesus!

15 month stats: 25 lbs 4 oz (50-75%) Lost about 2 pounds since 12 month check-up
32.3 inches (90%)



Waiting for the hayride at our recent visit to a pumpkin patch.

He loved the animals at the petting zoo and I love this little profile :)
I forgot to mention that after walking and running came climbing. He is fearless. Here he is on top of the sandbox. It's not that high but he also likes to bounce up and down after he's on top of high things.
Sometimes, life is just plain tiring!
Eating an apple with Colton.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dana said...

What sweet boys you have!!

Bunny said...

Oh, Caden. You are so precious. Thanks, Jenny for writing down these sweet memories. Now, get to work on that "name" practicing. Bunny should not be that hard to say!