Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! We had a great weekend (really a great month) gearing up for tonight. Originally, Colton was going to be a puppy for the past 3 weeks. We had even bought his costume. However; last week I unwittingly took a stroll through the candy aisle which is next to the costume aisle at Target and Colton saw a Thomas costume. He decided right then that he must be Thomas the train. I told him to think about it becuase he had wanted to be a puppy forever! Well he thought about it and could not put Thomas out of his mind. We bought it a few days later but when we tried it on - it was just silly looking and way too big. So I looked online for other options and saw a tutorial on how to make a Thomas costume from a box. So, Thursday night I fully committed myself to the loony bin and started making his costume. It actually turned out to be quite enjoyable. I spent about $14 on supplies so it was cheaper than the $20 store costume (which we returned). Colton loved "helping" and really made it worthwhile. He kept thanking me for making it and told me how excited he was.

Tonight we had so much fun eating dinner and then trick or treating with our friends Jenilee, Javi, Jazmin and Natalyn and Laine, Dana, Jackson and Ryan.
 Caden enjoyed his first experience trick or treating. Last year, he hung out with Daddy and helped give out candy. I'll have to get his might lion roar on video. He spent most of the time in the stroller, but got out a few times to collect a little candy.
 Original puppy costume and cute lion practicing for the big day a few weeks ago!

 Here's Jackson the gorilla and Thomas making the rounds.
Jackson enjoying a little pre-trick or treating playtime!



 Colton made it about half of the way with his costume on - it got a little heavy :) After about 5 houses, he told us he had enough candy, but then he found a second wind.
 Sweet friends. Scream-boy, Minnie Mouse, and Cave-girl :)
 Our Trick-or-treat train :)

 On Saturday afternoon we spent a fun day with Bunny getting haircuts and then heading to a pumpkin patch. Unfortunately, the pumpkins were picked over but we found a "knucklehead" pumpkin to carve with Colton. He was so excited to carve a pumpkin and wanted to make sure we made a happy jack-o-lantern instead of a scary one. :)





 I forgot how yucky it is to clean out the innards.
Thanks Bunny for a fun memory! Hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Are you sure "scream boy" isn't just caroling? ;) Every time I see those caroling figures, I think of you...and how tragic they look to me now.

Don'tcha just love making costumes? Watch out! It's addicting

Amy L said...

Great job on the costume! Claire has been in a bit of a "Thomas" phase, and when we were looking for costumes at Target, I made sure that she didn't see that one so she didn't know it was an option. And it's a good thing, because in the last couple of weeks the Thomas obsession has been replaced by Elmo. :)

Dana said...

Thanks for having us over. Jackson was OUT in no time when we got home!

Miss G said...

Amazing, amazing job on the costume Jenny! Wow! So fun. I'm glad you had a good time with it. Kelly