I saw this on my friend Maria's blog and thought it looked like fun. I don't really know the rules but I think you just write 100 things in kind of a stream of consciousness fashion. I promise I'll post pictures of Colton next time!
1. I hate daylight savings time because it gets dark so early.
2. I love the sunshine/summer/hot weather,etc. Jack loves cold weather.
3. I wish they would do away with the time change.
4. Babies do not understand the time change.
5. Colton used to get up at 7:30-8. Now he gets up at 6-6:30.
6. He used to sleep 5-6 blissful hours every night.
7. Now for the past month he has only done that twice. He usually wakes up every 3 hours to eat.
8. I think/dream about sleep more than ever before.
9. I used to be a night owl.
10. In college and even into my first years of teaching, I used to stay up until 1-2 am and get up at 6 or 7.
11. I used to have a very hard time waking up in the morning.
12. It's amazing how a baby will change that.
13. I can't believe the last 10 sentences have been about sleep.
14. Colton's wild hair matches his personality.
15. He moves all of the time.
16. He drools all of the time, too.
17. I love being his mom!
18. I thought diaper changing would be horrible. Now I don't even think about it.
19. Bathtime is one of my favorite parts of the day.
20. I like to sing to Colton during bath time.
21. I have always secretly wanted to be a singer, but I'm too scared to sing in front of people that aren't children.
22. I love teaching.
23. My favorite age of students is 5th/6th grade.
24. I teach reading to all ages right now.
25. I love to read and can read fiction very fast.
26. The last book I read was "Same Kind of Different as Me."
27. I am trying to read another book, but cannot keep my eyes open. The name of it is "Deception" by Randy Alcorn.
28. I have too many books.
29. I cannot part with them.
30. Someday, I would like to catalog all my books.
31. That makes me sound like a nerd.
32. I'm ok with that.
33. I love to read all the books that an author has ever written.
34. I wonder if writers like to read? I'm a reader, but I don't really enjoy writing.
35. Jack is a great writer. I think he should write a book.
36. He wrote the sweetest letter to me when he proposed.
37. We have been married 2.5 years.
38. We are both sitting on the couch with our laptops watching "The War".
39. Actually, he is watching it more than me.
40. He makes me happy!
41. He is a great father to Colton.
42. It's funny to hear him talk to Colton.
43. Colton is very still when Jack is talking.
44. Colton took a 3 hour nap this afternoon.
45. I don't know how to get him to sleep longer at night.
46. His bedtime is usually 8:00.
47. He can only stay awake 2 hours (at the most) at one time.
48. Nursing is the hardest thing I have ever done.
49. I would like to try and nurse for 6 months.
50. Colton is an easy baby (other than sleeping).
51. I rock him to sleep in my arms standing up.
52. I worry that this might come back to haunt me in the future...
53. It only takes about 5 minutes for him to fall asleep.
54. I think I will work on sleep training when he is older.
55. I am happiest when I am with my family.
56. I also enjoy playing games and sports. I am very competitive.
57. I also am happiest when I am working on a project.
58. I love to go on walks with Colton.
59. I do not like commercials because they are so loud.
60. Jack likes the TV louder than I do.
61. He also likes to turn out all the lights in the house except for where he is.
62. I like to leave a trail of lights on throughout the house.
63. We just changed the light bulbs in our bedroom light.
64. The bulbs lasted over 2 years.
65. What makes the light bulbs burn out?
66. We replaced the bulbs with the new kind of bulb. It's supposed to last 9 years.
67. That would be cool.
68. I wonder what Colton's personality will be like?
69. I can't wait to have a conversation with him.
70. I am very close to my mom.
71. I think we are even closer now that I am a mom.
72. I watch the show "Reba" every day.
73. I also like "Dancing with the Stars" this season.
74. I wish I knew how to dance. I'm better at sports.
75. Sometimes Colton and I dance around the house.
76. I have always lived in Texas.
77. I had lived in 5 different towns by the time I was in 10th grade.
78. Palestine, Lake Dallas, Gainesville, Corsicana and Plano.
79. I would like to stay in one town once my kids get into school.
80. However, I think moving around a lot was good for me.
81. I learned how to make friends and how to include new people.
82. I think I would enjoy living in Abilene.
83. The only time I have lived out of state was for an internship after college.
84. I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio for 10 months.
85. It was good for me to be on my own, but I did not like the snow.
86. It got dark really early there. Like 4:30.
87. I had a basement apartment and had to stand on my tiptoes to see out the window.
88. Very sad. I even think I have S.A.D. Seasonal Affective Disorder.
89. I should get a sun lamp.
90. I would like to learn Spanish.
91. I look forward to taking Colton on trips.
92. My favorite thing about Cincinnati was the trees in autumn.
93. How do the trees know how to change colors at all the same time?
94. I do not like to clean house.
95. I don't mind doing the dishes or laundry.
96. I like corny jokes.
97. I worry too much about what others think.
98. I'm getting better about giving my worries to God.
99. I feel grateful for my life every day.
100. Wow - It took me 30 minutes to type this. Now it's time to feed Colton and go to bed.
2 comments:
I just loved reading this. I am so glad you did it!!! :)
I never thought I would miss sleep so much as I do now. But it is amazing how much energy I have to make it through the day!!! He will sleep through the night soon and you won't know what to do with yourself. It will be the best night sleep EVER! Once I moved Aidan into his own room (5 months old...can you tell he is my first)he slept longer and longer then I just 'trained' him to skip a feeding.
Have a great weekend and tell Colton's daddy hello :)
Loved reading this. I'm going to attempt one also. Great idea!
Post a Comment